The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is a law enforcement agency in the United States Department of Justice that protects our communities from violent criminals, criminal organizations, the illegal use and trafficking of firearms, the illegal use and storage of explosives, acts of arson and bombings, acts of terrorism, and the illegal diversion of alcohol and tobacco products. ATF partners with communities, industries, law enforcement, and public safety agencies to safeguard the public through information sharing, training, research, and use of technology.
Acquia hired Fig Leaf as a development partner to provide ongoing development support to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) in the agency’s move to the Acquia Drupal Platform on the Amazon Web Services cloud infrastructure. Fig Leaf’s onsite lead Drupal developer attended agile standup meetings and worked with content managers and key stakeholders to create and maintain the official ATF website. As a Drupal development team member providing remote and on-site supplemental staffing, Fig Leaf:
- Extended Drupal themes/sub-themes using mobile-first and responsive design practices
- Configured new and existing Drupal sites using core, contributed, and custom modules
- Developed custom modules to facilitate integration with existing systems and services
- Integrated internal and third party products into Drupal sites
- Integrated commenting, rating, and other social networking features into Drupal sites
- Performed site testing and issue resolution
- Performed core and module updates
- Provided training and guidance to new Drupal users
- Supported existing users in-person and remotely
- Managed and processed support tickets to ensure timely resolution of issues
ATF’s selection of the Acquia Drupal platform has enabled the agency to improve citizen’s digital experiences and the agency is now capable of quickly launching new Drupal-based websites with custom functionality based on a website’s mission and audience. ATF content owners are now able to quickly and easily publish site content and thereby amplify their reach online.